Verzamelaar - Collector

Lezen is vrij op dit forum.
Een aantal functies werken niet als je niet bent ingelogd.
Wil je ten volle dit forum genieten en meedoen, wordt dan lid door je te registreren.
Activeer je lidmaatschap via de mail die je krijgt en log in.

Word lid van het forum, het is snel en gemakkelijk

Verzamelaar - Collector

Lezen is vrij op dit forum.
Een aantal functies werken niet als je niet bent ingelogd.
Wil je ten volle dit forum genieten en meedoen, wordt dan lid door je te registreren.
Activeer je lidmaatschap via de mail die je krijgt en log in.

Verzamelaar - Collector

Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.
Verzamelaar - Collector

Communiceer met verzamelaars.

M.I. Hummel - english

Marjacco
    Marjacco
    Admin

Aantal berichten : 1447
    Registratiedatum : 24-12-08

M.I. Hummel - english Empty M.I. Hummel - english

Bericht van Marjacco di 9 aug 2011 - 21:16

M.I.Hummelclub

M.I. Hummel - english LogoHeader_new

About M.I. Hummel

Heritage

Berta Hummel was born in Bavaria in 1909 with a wonderful gift - an instinct for observing her world and translating her observations into drawings, especially of children. In 1927, Berta enrolled in Munich's famed Academy of Applied Arts. There her talent matured and survived rigid training with its spontaneity intact.

Religion had always been important to Berta. She befriended two Franciscan Sisters from a teaching order that emphasized the arts. Berta decided to enter the Convent of Siessen upon graduation in 1931, and three years later, took the name Maria Innocentia.

The young Sister found herself in a setting that encouraged her talents. Soon, small German publishers began printing some of her artwork in the form of postcards. These charming cards came to the attention of Franz Goebel, the head of a porcelain company bearing his name. He was in search of a subject for a new line of figurines. And here it was!

Franz Goebel proposed to Sister Hummel the idea of transforming her drawings into figurines. An agreement was reached with the Convent granting Goebel the sole right to create three-dimensional works of art based on Sister Hummel's drawings.

The artist worked personally with Goebel Master Sculptors and Painters to create the new products. The first figurines were introduced in 1935 and were immediately successful.

Tragically, Sister Hummel died in 1946 at only 37 years of age. But her artistic legacy was carried on by Goebel.

M.I. Hummel Today

In early 2009, Manufaktur Rödental took over ownership of the M.I. Hummel brand, continuing the M.I. Hummel tradition of artistry in the same Rödental, Germany factory where the figurines have been created for over 75 years. A team of skilled craftspeople work with loving care, ensuring the artistic excellence that is the hallmark of these precious earthenware treasures continues.

Today, M.I. Hummel figurines remain the world's most beloved collectibles, a tribute to the spirit of childhood that they so masterfully reflect, and to the talent of a brilliant artist.
    Marjacco
    Marjacco
    Admin

M.I. Hummel - english Empty Re: M.I. Hummel - english

Bericht van Marjacco di 9 aug 2011 - 21:23

Merkjes (Marks) Hummel

Marks of Authenticity

Collectors and admirers all over the globe agree that the artistry and quality of authentic M.I. Hummel products are beyond compare. Only genuine M.I. Hummel figurines are created according to the strict quality control procedures of Manufaktur Rödental, the Convent of Siessen, and the Hummel family.

M.I. Hummel - english Trademark_markingThe Signature

To determine if a figurine, plate or bell is a genuine M.I. Hummel piece, there are definitive marks of identification. The first is the signature of Sister M.I. Hummel incised on the base of most every piece. When Sister Hummel made her historic contract with Franz Goebel, it was agreed that her signature, her personal stamp of approval, would appear on every piece. It does so, to this day. The only exception is on figurines without bases or any adequate surface to display the signature.

M.I. Hummel - english Trademark_currentThe Trademark

The other definitive identifier is the trademark on the underside of the figurine. Though the look of the trademark has varied since 1935, every authentic M.I. Hummel figurine will have a Goebel or Manufaktur Rödental trademark on its underside. Over the years, any change in the trademark has been a source of excitement for M.I. Hummel collectors. Most of the known marks used over the years are available by clicking the link below. However, from time to time, a rare and undocumented variation may surface.

When purchasing M.I. Hummel products, be sure to shop only at authorized M.I. Hummel establishments. And look carefully for two marks of authenticity - the M.I. Hummel signature and the trademark. They are your assurance of the continuing excellence and artistry of Manufaktur Rödental.

Timeline of Trademarks
    Marjacco
    Marjacco
    Admin

M.I. Hummel - english Empty Re: M.I. Hummel - english

Bericht van Marjacco di 9 aug 2011 - 21:27

retired figurines.pdf

Shophummel

Retired M.I. Hummel Figurines
    The following
    M.I. Hummel figurines have been retired: A figurine that has been permanently removed from production. The molds are broken and the figurine will never be produced again. Therefore, they will not be listed on the CURRENT Suggested Retail Price List.

The M.I.Hummel Company marketing officials in Germany research carefully which figurines they plan to retire. They analyze both the length of time a figurine has been available in the marketplace and the popularity of the figurine. When made during their last year of production, these figurines usually feature a "final issue" backstamp and are accompanied by a final issue medallion hang tag. This backstamp was initiated in 1990.

Hum #

Name

Year of Retirement
    First Modeled
    Final Issue Back Stamp
    Final Issue Medallion
    Hum 1

Puppy Love

NO
    NO
    Hum 5

Strolling Along